<VV> towing a trailer

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:16:31 EST

In a message dated 12/20/04 4:14:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Daves69vair@aol.com writes:

has any  one towed a trailer with a (monza) coupe, and if so how did it
ride.I
see  that clarks offers a hitch that is rated at 1000 lbs. i wasnt to sure
about the two bolts that hold it on. just dont look strong enough.   maybe
its me,
im looking into a small trailer that i wanted to toe   to shows and what not.
any feed back would be very welcome.
DAVES69VAIR@AOL.COM

Dave,

I used to tow an apache camping trailer with my 62 Monza coupe. This was
back in the 60s
when i had a part time job working for an Apache Dealer in the Chicago  area.

I delivered trailers for them with that car.  I did have a tranny  failure in
it but that was more from the way I drove it than from towing. In  fact I was
probably easier on it towing than my normal driving style.

Towed just fine. The hitch Clark's sells looks much like the one I had back
then. I wouldn't be too concerned

Tim  Abney

Proud Member of
United  Steelworkers of America, Local 7600
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow

Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member  Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN -  1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C.  President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting  restoration

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of steelworkers%20logo.jpg]