<VV> Mini-Convention

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:36:01 -0600

Ken,

I got it from Bob Dunahugh today.  What I received was a Word document that
has been submitted to Corsa for publication.  The list strips attachments,
but here is the attachment for you and here's a cut and paste for everyone
else:

Dave

---------------------------------

Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts
Midwest Regional Convention
June 28 to July 1, 2005

Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts are reviving the tradition of a Midwest regional
convention. The convention will have most of the events and fun activities
of a Corsa International convention, but on a slightly smaller scale.  The
site of the convention will be Cedar Rapids, Iowa with the host hotel being
the Cedar Rapids Marriott. The very affordable room rate is $79.00 plus tax
per night.  We're limited to 100 rooms, so be sure to sign up quickly. This
rate will be honored for the weekend before and after the convention so that
you can economically extend your stay. For reservations 319-393-6600 or
1-800-541-1067.

 Donna Mae Mims, world renowned Don Yenko Chevrolet Employee and Yenko
Stinger racer will be the Featured Speaker.    Donna will also be presenting
the Donna Mae Mims Autocross Awards.

The Car Display will feature a Yenko Stingers reunion.

The Cedar Rapids area offers Museums ( Science, Art, History,& Czech), IMAX
,water parks, The Amana Colonies, Kernels Professional  Baseball team, The
Field of Dreams baseball field, Herbert Hoover Presidential Library, Malls,
Ushers Ferry Historical Village, Brucemore a National Historic Site, Duffy's
Collectible Cars and the annual Freedom Festival will in progress.
.
Registration form for the convention is available from
Bill Mitchell, 811 Latham Place, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
319 268-1341
Email: bmitchell@cfu.net

Iowa International Raceway in Marshalltown, IA will be the site of a
separate time trial to be held June 27, 2005, prior to the regional
convention.  This will be limited to the first pre-registered forty six
drivers. This will be open to all Corvairs and Corvair powered vehicles,
from stock to competition. This event will cost $40.00.   Best Western
Regency Inn, Marshalltown, IA is the host hotel.  Room rate of $79.00
includes a hot breakfast. Reservation 800-241-2974 or 641-752-6321
Registration for this event will be sent to:
Rob Bradley,4321 Ridge Road, Cedar Rapids, IA 52411
319-393-5754

Registration forms are available online at
http://www.hometown.aol.com/monza67/iowa.htm