<VV> FC Tire Sizes

aircooled6@prodigy.net aircooled6@prodigy.net
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:52:32 -0600

I have an original 7.00-14 Spare that was in my 64 Briar.  I took it to the
tire shop and stood several tires up next to it.   The P205/75R14 was the
closest to the original.  Mounted on the vehicle, it places the hub of the
wheel very close to the height it is when the old tire is there.  Close
enough for me.  I dont recall the measurement.  Some day Ill learn to write
things down!!

p.s. I know this "eyeball" method doesnt account for rolling radius, etc.
but if I ever get this thing running, I suspect it will be OK.

I looked at the 215s, but having seen them on some other FCs, they REALLY
stuff the rear wheel housings and just dont look right to me.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills (Where its about to get chilly)
67 500 4door (daily driver)
64 Greenbriar (non-deluxe) (I actually worked on it today!!!)