<VV> Iowa Mini CORSA Convention / Portland CORSA convention

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:49:34 -0500

Hey Craig, I am puzzled by the large amount of negative feeling toward the
Iowa show. I am over 875 miles from the Iowa show and 2605 miles from
Portland. Towing a trailered show car to Iowa will take two days on the road.
Portland would take 4 or 5. Many many members on the East coast are further
away from Portland. Those in the N.E. and Florida are between 3000 and 3500
miles from Portland. For most of us driving to Portland is out of the
question so
Cedar Rapids is a wonderful alternative that is usually not available in a
costal
convention year. Would I prefer Portland? Absolutely! Can I afford it? NO,
unless
Liz and I fly out and borrow a Corvair from you or DeckRug or Seth
maybe not Seth as he never has his own available <GGG>. There may be a
possibility we could attend  both with the combination of showing and competing
at Iowa and flying out to Portland but most certainly not trailering out to
Portland
and paying for gas and at least 10 overnight stays at motels for the 5200 round
trip drive. I totally support both Conventions and applaud ALL the hard
work involved in both venues.

Chuck Armer