<VV> Portland National

corvair@mb.sympatico.ca corvair@mb.sympatico.ca
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:01:17 -0600

Just had to say that I made the 17-hour drive to attend the Portland regional in 1995 - and was blown away by the event, the cars, and the people. The next event I attended was the Chicago national in 2001. Same story, same drive. I WILL be at the 2005 in Portland, even if I have to drive 28 hours from my current home (3 easy days drive) to get there!

What do we have these neat old cars for if we don't drive them? I define a 16-hour drive to get anywhere as "Close". 24-30 hour drive is "Reasonable". More than that is a "Serious Effort" though....

Les in Winnipeg
1965 Cdn Corsa Cvt 140/4 red/white/black
inching closer to being driveable....
==========================
Message: 7
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:32:43 -0800
From: corvairs <lonwall@corvairunderground.com>
To: Virtualvairs <virtualvairs@corvair.org>, fastvair@yahoogroups.com
Subject: <VV> PORTLAND NATIONAL - COMPETING REGIONALS

Ok kids here's the deal -

Facts
1) A disproportionate (as to years) number of nationals are 2000 miles
plus away from the West Coast (This years "Midwest" National was only
about 400 miles closer than last year's Eastern National)
2)  Despite that,  fact a great many of us travel East every year.

I wear two hats here - One as the Publicity Chair for the Portland 2005
International and the other as a vendor. As the former I will do
whatever it takes to get you to come to Portland. Ask anyone about our
regional we held in 1995. We know that a great many who attended have
been trying to talk us into doing a National ever since. I think anyone
who attends will LOVE it. This will be a VERY nice convention in a VERY
nice (and unique) place. I'm sure it will be the first and only time as
well.
<snip>
Lon
www.corvairunderground.com