<VV> windshield washer fluid freezing on windshield

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:54:59 -0500

The blue stuff will sheet over at temps well above 20 below...it just won't freeze solid in bulk and ruin your washer system.

I've found that the purple stuff (I think it claims 40 below) to be better and Prestone deicer to be the best (at not freezing...does a poor job of cleaning)...

Or consider a gas heater!!! ;-)

Bill

>Has anybody found a solution to the problem of windshield washer fluid freezing on the windshield? (Short of actually warming the car up first, that is.) It drives
me nuts- hit the washers on a cold winter morning to clean the glass, and ZAP! you can't see AT ALL through the layer of ice.  I thought that stuff was
supposed to be good to 20 below, or something.