<VV> VV voltage regulator

John Miller jncmiller@mchsi.com
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:06:39 -0600

   Just to chime in here. I had a similar charging/battery problem. It was the
regulator, the cheap one I put on that had a shiny chrome(cheap too) cover. It
fried, and fried my battery. Sure, old and poor grounding may have assisted in
this failure.  But I had no problem till I took the Delco out.
   I took the cover off and compared it to the original. Thinner wire, and
less total volume, perhaps a similar number of windings, but smaller wire. No
copper, silver, or stainless just zinc plated, black steel and steel
tips.....basically crappy compared to the Delco. I am no electrical system
expert but by comparison it looked like it was missing parts. I know the
electrical system is all about current flow and resistance. My suspicions
would be the cheaper part may work but old or missing grounds may build up
this resistance causing heat buildup and failure, which may not be of as much
consequence on the older heavy duty originals..
   Either way, after my experience I would rather use one off a rusty relic
vair than use a no name new one. Hats off to Hank!

                                            John Miller
                                             Iowa
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.