<VV> aero drag

James Davis jld@wk.net
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:24:34 -0600

Sorry the Cd if a flat plate is 1.28....  or at least it was when I got my
masters in 1962. A .45 cal projectile (bullet) has a Cd of 0.295.  Not all
things in aerodynamics are intuitively obvious.  That's why the Von
Karman  vortex street revolutionized car body design.  Greenbriers/Corvans
have a Cd around 0.070 and  Rampsides/Loadsides about 0.80 based on my
modeling.
Jim Davis