<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #1513 - 12 msgs Windshield cleaning

Silveyyevlis@aol.com Silveyyevlis@aol.com
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 11:16:30 EST

It is good to hear that Bon Ami cleaner prevents moisture condensing on the
inside of the windshield.  I will try it on an old windshield to see if it
scratches it first.

 However, if you just want to clean the glass inside or out use No.0000 steel
wool. Use it on the chrome also but not on the aluminum trim. On chrome, if
you put excess pressure you may see very fine scratches.  We have used 0000
steel wool on our chrome. windshields. and especially the mirrors in our motor
home for at least ten years and  have had no problems. This is the quickest way
to remove bug splatters that I have found- works faster with  a llittle water.

I got the idea of using 0000 steel wool from an article in a cor magazine on
show car  preparation.  I was very skeptical at first and tried it on many
things before using it on the glass in all of our cars including many Corvairs.

Tom Silvey