<VV> NOS FC AUTO TRANS

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:52:50 -0500

Scott and All

Sent On list because I don't have an NOS PG, but I do have some questions.
Scott I hope you don't mind me asking.....

I don't always know everything that I need to know,
but....

What would be the difference in a PG in an FC that was different from the
one in a car?? Other than the mounting X member??

Scott I can understand you wanting something NOS, but Considering that a
PG's friction plates (the fiber ones, not the steel ones) in the clutch pak
would be at the minimum 35 years old, I wouldn't think you could use the
thing without taking it apart, changing the fiber plates in the Clutch pak,
and wetting them down with fluid.

For that matter, any 35plus year old Valve body would certainly be gunked
up, even if it only had the original lubricating grease from the factory in
it.  The seals in said valve body would be shot, from age if nothing else.

Nothing of course is Bulletproof, but IMO any PG that has had a full rebuild
kit put in it (seals and clips in the valve body, and rebuild clutch pak)
would be fine.

My first mentor, Tony Miceli (Independence, La--New Orleans Corvair
Enthusiasts) and I rebuilt the one from my first Monza (torn down, cleaned,
rebuilt and re-assembled) in 8 hours.  Always worked fine. Swamp Rat can
tell you he does some high quality mechanical work.

BTW Scott, I have 2 torn down PG's in my shop, parts sprayed with fogging
spray, and wrappped up tight. If you need one, I'm sure we could agree on a
price--if you can't find one around Charleston. Let me know if I can help.

Regards

HANK