<VV> gas tank questions

John Headley robedinpurple@yahoo.com
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:55:58 -0800 (PST)

Ok, time for a simple question.  On another list I
used to subscribe to, we had what was called the DQM
(dumb question of the month).  If you were thinking
your question was stupid, you could say, I've got a
DQM.  Here's mine.  The anti-squeak included with my
replacement gas tank is a strip of material.  I assume
this goes between the strap and the tank, am I right?

Santa brought me the complete replacement kit, but I'm
in a hold pattern on the install, the weather is too
cold to paint the tank in my garage, and it's too darn
cold to want to go out there anyway.  I could fire up
the torpedo heater, but I'm still not sure that I'll
get a good paint job unless I let it run a longgggg
time.  No sense trying to rush it, it'll be months
before corvair driving weather returns.

I envy you warm climate people.

-John Headley
64 monza convert