<VV> gas tank questions

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:16:31 -0500

Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of John Headley
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 9:56 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> gas tank questions

Ok, time for a simple question.  On another list I
used to subscribe to, we had what was called the DQM
(dumb question of the month).  If you were thinking
your question was stupid, you could say, I've got a
DQM.  Here's mine.  The anti-squeak included with my
replacement gas tank is a strip of material.  I assume
this goes between the strap and the tank, am I right?

Santa brought me the complete replacement kit, but I'm
in a hold pattern on the install, the weather is too
cold to paint the tank in my garage, and it's too darn
cold to want to go out there anyway.  I could fire up
the torpedo heater, but I'm still not sure that I'll
get a good paint job unless I let it run a longgggg
time.  No sense trying to rush it, it'll be months
before corvair driving weather returns.

I envy you warm climate people.

-John Headley
64 monza convert