<VV> Vendors disk brake kits

Ryan Counterman vairking@yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:39:21 -0800 (PST)

I bought the kit from Lon (Underground) which I belive
is the same kit Clarks sells.  Installation was super
simple, with basic hand tools, took about 20 minutes a
side, taking my time.  The hardest part of the whole
deal is turning the hub, easy if you have access to a
brake lathe, otherwise take it to a machine shop.  I
also had to use 1/8" wheel spacers to keep my 14X8
Crager SS wheels from hitting the caliper.  That may
not be an issue with stock wheels.  Stopping power is
day and night compared to the stock setup on my '65
Convertible.  I am also using a 8" power brake
booster, and a modern master cylinder with prop.
valve.  Any more questions just ask.  Pics can be seen
at :
http://webpages.charter.net/vairking

Good Luck.
Ryan Counterman