No Corvair <VV> (garage heat)

Kent Sullivan kentsu@corvairkid.com
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:42:42 -0800

Our house (moved in July 4) and my shop (will be done soon!) are heated by
two Hydron brand ground source heat pumps. Energy Dynamics
(http://www.energy-dynamics.com/ has more info.

They are working great. We also chose to use in-floor heating. Most even and
comfortable heating system I have experienced. I can provide more info if
there is interest.

--Kent
-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of JVHRoberts@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 11:25 AM
To: jld@wk.net; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: No Corvair <VV> (garage heat)

You are right on the money. Todays heat pumps are WAY better than they used
to be, even just 5 years ago. There are some amazing units out there now.

In a message dated 12/29/04 12:25:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, jld@wk.net
writes:

Not so.  The modern ones with a SEER of 18 will work to 25 below F without
aux  heat.  Ours only ran for 4 hours out of 24 when the temp was 14 to -8
Christmas eve. The scroll pumps are also really efficient.  Best to  use a
geothermal unit if you need to heat where you have 10,000 degree  days or
more.
Jim Davis