<VV> Mechanical Fuel Pump reverse flow?

Dave Morris "BigD" BigD@DaveMorris.com
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:35:46 -0600

Yeah, I'm a student of William Wynne's conversion
(www.FlyCorvair.com).  Until recently, he was recommending the mechanical
pump, but then starting talking about a leakage problem that prompted him
to install a catchment bowl under the pump to collect dripping fuel and
drain it away from the engine
(http://www.flycorvair.com/601sep046.jpg).  He said you'd have to
re-tighten the screws on the housing several times to keep it from
leaking.  Now he is recommending eliminating the mechanical pump altogether
and using dual electric pumps (http://www.flycorvair.com/601Sep2004.html)

I just thought if the leakage problem was solved, it would be better to
save 1.5 amps of constant current requirement and use a mechanical pump
that the engine was designed with.

Dave Morris