<VV> Thought I'd seen everything

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:26:46 -0800

At 05:00 hours 12/30/2004 -0600, Dennis & Debbie Pleau wrote:
>That three cylinder diesel has four pipes on the header.
>
>dp
>
>>AeroNed@aol.com writes:
>>
>> > How about a diesel powered Corvair:
>> >

>>***********************************************************************
>>
>>Not so strange!!  ggg
>>
>>I've driven a 63 Corvette [ nice car!]  with a 1957 Ford 312 / Fordomatic!!
>>
>>I almost built a 6.2 L   GM  diesel 1984 Corvette!......but couldn't find a
>>theft stripped car with interior!

Hot Rod magazine ran an editorial about this sort of thing...  included
comments about a Corvette with a Ford 428 SCJ engine that ran like a bat
outta hell.   Also included was the story of a Camaro in Texas with a Dodge
383 Magnum engine in it.

I know where there's a straight and solid '69 Chevelle Malibu 9-passenger
wagon with a dead smallblock, covered in honeysuckle, sitting doing nothing
for over a decade...  and I have a 440 Magnum engine on a stand...
although the owner likely won't get off the car very easily.    The swap is
possible, with some oil pan fabrication.

I always liked the looks of the '69 Chevelle.   Note that it bears a
resemblance to another car which was available in '69, at least through
May.   With a 727 Torqueflite automatic and those stiff rear end gears in
the 12-bolt that HD 9-passenger wagons came with, the combo would not only
run well but would also make a pretty decent tow vehicle along with
providing carrying capacity for stuff.    Good for those trips to shows
etc.   Big hit at the Mopar Nats, I bet.     Or not...  ;)

tony..