<VV> Cleaning Cylinder Heads

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:14:25 EST

In a message dated 12/30/04 10:48:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rickjanet@charter.net writes:

> . When (not if) you break a drill bit between the fins
> it's a real bitch to get the broken end out. I personally don't use them.

I have to strongly disagree here. I have deflashed many heads using a 6 inch
long 1/8 in drill bit an have NEVER broken a drill bit. In fact I'm still
using the one and only long drill bit I bought many years ago. In my opinion, if
you are carefull you will never break a drill bit. And since you are working
with aluminum, the bits take a long time to dull.
Regards,
Bob Helt