<VV> Paint Question Black is Black

Ken lcm8044@yahoo.com
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 12:18:36 -0800 (PST)

VV Group

For the past year and a half I have worked on the body in preparation for repaint. From the beginning of this project I have kept the goal of someday ending up in a concourse with the car. I am ready to install the Morton primer surfacer, and that means that the next big decision will be the paint. The color is set, "the Corsa was Tuxedo Black" but the type of paint is the real decision. I am told that I can special order lacer black that will be the correct paint, and finish, but the Auto Paint guy sites numerous problems, not the least of which is the longevity of the paint job. He suggests that the base coat, clear coat will provide a better, deeper and longer lasting shine.

Never having even been an spectator at a concourse, one of the questions I have is, if I go with base coat, clear coat, and get lucky enough to end up in a concourse will the judges boot me out for the wrong paint? Or will it send the car into another classification. The remainder of the car is a s close to stock as I can get it, right down to replacing the engine for the correct numbers. It ahs only 47107 miles on the odometer and is very solid.

There must be a site somewhere that ahs this information, I feel foolish asking what is probably a very simple question.

Opinions Greatly Appreciated

Ken Morgan

66 Corsa 140 / 4