<VV> Vvvvvrrrrrrrooooooooommmmmmm!!!!

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:37:42 -0500

Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Frog Princezz
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 6:05 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Vvvvvrrrrrrrooooooooommmmmmm!!!!

Yeah you guessed it... SHE RUNS!!!!!  I put in another fuel pump and push
rod, hand primed it and gas came out of the "T", then I connected the fuel
lines to the pump and cranked the car from the cheater and gas came out of
the fuel lines at the carbs, then I connected the lines to the carbs and
nothing.  So I put in some carb cleaner, tapped the carbs tried to started
it again.  Still nothing but my battery was draining so I jumped the battery
to my truck put some started fluid in the carbs and ... SUCCESS!!!!  She
then started on her own and ran for a while and several times after.  Then
she wouldn't start again without the jump, I reconnected to the gas tank and
she labored to start but she did but wouldn't run long.

So there is my new problem, could it be the fuel sock thingy that is clogged
or what?
Oh yeah, the engine got all smokey like there may be some debris down it it,
what's the best way to clean it out?

Today is a landmark day for me and my Vair, I actually drove her about 3
WHOLE FEET!!

The FrogPrincezz is soon to ride!