<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #3 - 10 msgs

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:48:08 -0500

        Scroll down to the bottom

> > Yesterday, Seth Emerson forwarded an amusing story of a guy trying
> to get
> > his Camaro into and out of his driverway in the snow and ice.  In
> that
> > story, the guy from time to time referred to his car as his
> 'Maro.
> > Eww.  My ears hurt.  I've never particularly liked abbreviated car
> names,
> > and it is a phenomenon that seems to affect Chevrolets
> particularly.
> > 'Vette.  'Vair.  I've even seen, in print, 'Velle.  God help me,
> I've even
> > seen 'Bu.  Yech.  But this was my first encounter with 'Maro.
> > A friend used to like to boast that he drove a 'Vette.  He did.
> Chevette.
> > As the editor of my local club's newsletter, I'm fairly aggressive
> about
> > editing out "Vair" and replacing it with "Corvair."  I'll admit,
> it's a
> > personal quirk.  There are other chapters that use "Vair" in the
> club
> name,
> > and still more that use "Vair" in the newsletter name.  It's a
> cute pun at
> > times, such as Vair Force and Vair Mail, but it still creeps me
> out.
> > Anyone else bothered by this?

        As a matter of fact I was bothered by this.  Not abreviated names
but by the low IQ ignorant sons of bitches that cant take enough of their
valuable time to clip a post down to its core thought.  It's thoughtless
crap like that ,that makes one person's disgruntled reply sound like a
flame war after it has been repeated a dozen times.        BTW Gary.
This is the sanatized version.         Smitty