<VV> OS cylinders

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:30:48 -0500

Jasper engines often put in one (or more?) os bores in their rebuilt engines
but they are for everyday use.  You seem to be wanting to put odd stresses
on the crank.  Engine will run.  Probably ok for a low performance street
engine.  You start to stress it and you may have problems.

Chuck S
YS73

-----Original Message-----
From: thomas shepard [mailto:teshep@marshallnet.com]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 3:51 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> OS cylinders

Hey Gang,
Here is a crazy question!!??
Has anyone tried putting  2- .020 oversize cylinders in position #1 and #2
and then putting 2-.030 oversize cylinders in position #3 and #4 and then
putting 2- .040 cylinders in position #5 and #6 and then seeing if the
engine will run???
I guess that I have too much time on my hands, but like I said will it work
and how much performance will there be???
Thomas Shepard