<VV> Replacement FC Round Mirrors

Anarchyburger@aol.com Anarchyburger@aol.com
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:46:10 EST

The original FC outside rearview mirror had a three-screw base with a
matching three-nut metal plate inside the door skin for rigidity.   The base and
shaft were a solid cast metal design with the shaft measuring approximately 4" and
slightly curved towards the outside.   The mirror head was a basic GMC &
Chevrolet truck 5" round design commonly used in the early '60's. Most FC's I've
seen, owned or parted out lacked this somewhat rare, factory-installed mirror.
 I would guess that is why so many had the aftermarket, dealer-installed
"elephant ears"   style mirrors.   Today, you can get the currently reproduced GMC
& Chevy truck outside mirrors on the market.   These have the same mounting
pad design but are made of stamped steel with a shaft which is a tube and is
about 10" long as it goes straight out and back.   They come in black but can be
painted to match the body as the originals.   The repro mirror head is
exactly the same as the originals.   Of course you can get the repros or a nice used
original from us!

Regards,
 Jeff Williams
 California Corvair Parts, Inc.