<VV> (VV) Antique Auto Club

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:39:25 -0800

At 1414 02/02/2004 +0000, dodgeshelby@cafes.net wrote:
>We do not have a separate class for Corvairs either and doubt we
>will.  The AACA folks may think the Corvair people are elitist if they
>feel they deserve their own class :-)

My mistake... I didn't mean to say separate class, I meant to say grouped
together, sorry for the misunderstanding.  I wouldn't have really expected
an individual class for Vairs, Freudian slip on my part...

What I'd *meant* to say was that the Vairs were just scattered among the
rest, and the Gurus running the outing didn't wanna be bothered with
requests for the Vairs to be grouped together as a club or as a single
marque.   Sorry for the "class" error, I don't recall anyone in the chapter
ever asking for a separate class for Corvairs in any AACA outing... but
they did ask to be allowed to group the Corvairs together but nobody seemed
interested in even addressing the question.

> If you started breaking out
>classes for everyone, it would get way too huge.

That goes without saying.

There were other issues at hand here, regarding the local chapter of AACA
that I didn't bring up, since it's all water under the bridge now and would
serve no purpose.   But I stand by my original comments about how the local
Corvair chapter got little to no respect from the AACA in this area.   It
was enough to leave a sour taste in the mouths o0f several people who
participated in an outing with the AACA and attended several monthly
meetings and tried to participate there as well but were hardly
acknowledged at all.

It was as if they didn't regard Corvairs as being worthy of any genuine
status among the AACA.

tony..