<VV> Replacement FC round mirrors/vendor

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 01:23:28 -0800

Chevy Duty has a website and online store which has mirrors including
round and oblong peep mirrors. Maybe the round peep mirrors have the
offset stub. www.chevyduty.com

Chuck Armer
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
At 07:32 PM 2/2/04 -0800, you wrote:
>The West Coast mirrors were a dealer installed item weren't they?  I have
>the 1961 Chevrolet assembly line manual and I see the little round ones with
>the triangular bases but not the large West Coast mirrors.  My Greenbrier
>had the large and small mirrors on it when I towed it home.  The mirrors
>were all rusted out, both sets, so I removed the West Coast mirrors and
>welded the holes shut while I was doing the rest of the body work.  My
>problem is that all the replacements for the small mirrors have center
>studs, they're hugh or the back is ribbed.  I believe it is correct that
>they are the same as the ones for the 55-59 Chevy, GMC trucks but if you
>look for these, the vendors are all selling center stud models only.  Grumpy
>Trucks www.grumpystruckparts.com is one place that seems to have a large
>selection of reasonably price parts.  I've seen their booth at old car
>swapmeets and they have alot of stuff that fits our FC's.  I've found that
>they have a few things that I haven't found anywhere else including our
>beloved east and west coast corvair vendors and I do mean Beloved!!
>
>Dan Kling
>1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, red\white,4spd 3.89
>1963 Monza Spyder, Twilight Turquoise, chassis off resto.  no engine
>yet......

Corvair Atlanta, BOD
CORSA MEMBER
CORSA Tri-Membership Chairman