<VV> Corvair Parts Auction in New Jersey - adv

Robert Marlow avanti@carroll.com
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:00:30 -0500

After a one-year hiatus, the NJACE Corvair Parts Auction returns on
Saturday, February 28th, and for the first time since 2000 it's back at
Ashley's Auto Body in Flanders, New Jersey.

Corvair parts and Corvair-related items are auctioned to the highest
bidders, with a percentage of the sale price benefiting the club's
treasury.  You can bring parts to sell, you can buy, you can do either or
both.

If you're selling, on the morning of the auction there will be about an
hour to set up your parts and tag them.  By organizing in advance at home,
setup will be easier.  If you don't want to be bothered tagging your parts
and you just want to donate them to the club, just bring em and we'll
handle everything.

What kind of parts sell well?  Obviously, clean parts in good condition,
parts that are less common, and new-old-stock parts.  Greasy, broken junk
has little value, and the auctioneers will skip right over them without
bothering.  Leave the bent, rusty trim and the broken manifolds at home.
Also, we generally have more hub caps than buyers.

We encourage the selling of parts in "lots."  For example, sell an
instrument cluster and a glovebox door together, not as separate items.
And we discourage the selling of too many of the same thing.  For example,
if you have six pairs of cylinder heads to sell, consider offering only one
pair at the auction.  Save the rest for the "Garage Sale" in April.

Once setup is complete, the auctioneers will start picking parts and
auctioning them off.  Whatever is set for an item's minimum bid is will be
the least bid accepted (and bids will be taken in even dollar amounts as to
make bookkeeping easier for our accounting team).

If you're buying, you will have a Bidder Number which will be used to
record your purchase whenever you're the successful bidder.  You'll receive
your purchases on the spot, but you'll need to pay for them (by cash or
check, cash preferred) before leaving.  For this reason we ask that you be
prepared to stay for the full auction, so that the bookkeepers can record
all the sales and tally the results without interruption.

There will be a lunch break, and club will provide pizza and soda at no
charge.  (Who said that there's no such thing as a free lunch?)  If you
don't have any parts to sell come anyway -- there are always great bargains
to be had.  The auction is a great way to see a lot of unusual parts and
enjoy the competitive bidding.  If you're looking for something in
particular chances are good that you'll find it there.

The best part about the auction is a chance to get together with a great
bunch of people and break out of the winter doldrums.  The auction is fast
paced and a lot of fun.  Our expert auctioneers will keep it moving and it
is never dull.  So come out on Saturday, the 28th by 10:00 AM for setup,
and bidding starts at 11:00 AM.  Bring parts!  Bring cash!  Bring a chair!

Directions to Ashley's Auto Body:  From the east, west, and north:  Take
I-80 exit 27 onto NJ Route 206 south.  Proceed about 3 miles south on Route
206.  At the third traffic light, with the Old Mill Shoppe on the right,
turn left onto Main Street.  In 1/10-mile bear left onto Hillside Avenue.
Proceed 8/10-mile to Ashley's Auto Body, on the left.  From the south:
Follow Route 206 about 5 miles north of Route 24 in Chester.  At the
traffic light just beyond "The After" roadside restaurant, turn right onto
Main Street.  In 1/10-mile bear left onto Hillside Avenue.  Proceed
8/10-mile to Ashley's Auto Body, on the left.  Lost?  Call (973) 584-7184.

For further information, e-mail Bob Marlow, avanti@carroll.com.