<VV> Re:Sealer for Air vents (kick panels)

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:55:16 -0500

rom: "Kinzelman, Andy" <akinzelm@greatnortherncorp.com>
> To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
> Subject: <VV> What sealer to use for fresh air vents (kickpanels)?
>--------------snip--------------
  However, I had to remove the kickpanel / vent from the drivers
> side.  When I reassemble it, what do I use for sealer around the
> vent?
Smitty says:  Andy I don't think the original stuff exists any more.  The
nearest thing I have found is a material used by RV repair places called
strip caulk.  It comes in a roll like masking tape.  Is about 1/16 thick
and 3/4 wide.  Not too expensive.  Can be wadded up in a clump if that's
the way you want to use it.  Actually it is a bit stiffer than the
original stuff but it does work.  Naturally, less malable in cold weather