<VV> dash paint

Paul Michalczyk paulm@tdl.com
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:02:00 -0800

Subject: dash paint

The permanent portion of the dash of my 65 Corsa convertible, that is, the
portion visible between the instrument cluster and the glove compartment , and
which contains the radio and ashtray, is painted with a material with a
texture approximating 150 grit wet or dry sandpaper.  This area, as well as
the area immediately behind windshield, has rust bleeding through the paint
and I wish to refinish it.  I have obtained some "zero gloss" paint which is
close to the sheen of the original material, but not the texture.  My local
paint shop, as well as several body repair shops, are unable to advise me as
to what to do.  I thought of mixing in some microspheres (used for thickening
epoxies) to try to replicate the texture.  However, I am convinced someone out
there has addressed this problem and has just the solution.  Any help is
greatly appreciated.

Paul Michalczyk