<VV> Spin-On Filters and Oil Bypass

* Greenbrier Goon * greenbriergoon@hotmail.com
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 17:10:22 +0000

>From: "Ron Guy" <qcc65@charter.net>
>To: "Virtual Vairs" <virtualvairs@skiblack.com>,

>     I'm not sure why you would want to remove the bypass. It is there for
>reason. Also if you add another item to the spin on filter adapter things
>will get tight quick between the filter and the pulley. You may want to
>consider a 90 degree adapter>

I thought modern spin-on filters had their own built-in bypass valve.

>I've seen some nice installations for a remote
>oil cooler coming right out of the block where the factory oil cooler ports
>are. The plumbing from that point to a remote cooler is not to difficult.

Yes, but I would also like to keep the stock cooler in place.  I think it is
good to keep the stock cooler because it will still get air when the van is
idling in traffic.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)

Create your own personal Web page with the info you use most, at My MSN.