<VV> Turbo Carb leaking very bad!

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:50:21 -0500

Hi Mark!

	I ordered the Clark's unit, turned out to be a chrome Purolator
unit.  Clarks gave nice directions.  It's tucked behind my air cleaner,
out of sight.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa cvt.
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark J. Murphy [mailto:m.j.murphy@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 1:33 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Turbo Carb leaking very bad!

This reply brings up a question I've had for a while.  What do those of
you who run regulators use as a regulator?  When my YH was flooding
hellaciously I put in an off-brand adjustable pressure regulator (it was
chrome, it had to be good, right?) to attempt to nurse it along.  It
almost worked, but I knew the carb had issues.  When I gave in and had
the YH rebuilt I left the regulator inline, but found that it starved
the engine for fuel right about the time that the boost was getting
juicy.  I'm sure it was a flow issue
because of the way it behaved.   I finally replaced the regulator with a
straight pipe and the problem disappeared.  I run a stock fuel pump, and
so far have had no leak issues, but would like to know what works for
others in case I get the itch to experiment again -- spring is coming...
:) Thanks!
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net/