<VV> Fwd: Re: [fastvair] 2004 Performance Workshop

DAN GIANNOTTI dfgiannotti@webtv.net
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:20:55 -0500 (EST)

To: fastvair@yahoogroups.com
From: dfgiannotti@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:20:30 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [fastvair] 2004 Performance Workshop

       Corvair Performance Workshop
 Feb. 28th,  Vintage Motorsports Services
                   Dayton, Ohio

This is your opportunity to shake off those
cabin fever blues.. Come join the fun, spend the day absorbing Tech
Sessions,
Corvair Race Cars, Parts Displays, Videos and More.......

Gary Funkhouser is opening his Performance Shop for our 1st "
Performance Workshop"....in beautiful Dayton, Ohio...

We will have a full day of Corvair Performance, and Racing
information...
Tech Sessions hosted by some of the biggest names in Corvairs......Jim
Schardt and Nick Olsen, the builder of Jim's
Super Carbs and Suspension Mods will
both give us a session...
Professor LeVeque is tuning up his notes,
also some interesting news forthcoming from Team LeVeque,,,,
Corvair Drag Racer Brian Siebenick, Ray
Clayton/Ray's Dyno will bring us up to speed with Brian's Race Car on
Display...
Ken Hand and Rob Fike will tune us in on
Midwest Council Racing, Robs GT-3 Car
will be used for reference..
Dave Diedrichs(totally awesome),immaculate fully restored Yenko, winner
of many awards, will be on the lift for inspection..Q & A sessions,
group discussion of 2004 events, and a
whole lot more....

Vendors such as Corvair Motorsports/Rick
Standsbury, Ken Hand, Silicone Wire Systems/Seth will be attending. They
can
bring special orders to the Event, save shipping, order your parts in
advance..All
Corvair Vendors are welcome to participate, we need your latest and
greatest releases.......

Road Racing, Autocross, Drag Racing and Hill Climbs will be the will be
the "Workshop" focus...We are bringing together the years of Corvair
Performance
knowledge to share/pool into a collective
effort..The goal, keeping Corvairs on track
in competitive form.....

We have had a very good response to the Workshop announcement. I
encourage any of you to contact me off list to become registered, if you
have not done so already, space is limited...ALSO, need to know if you
cancel your attendance, please...This is a totally free event.....We
will be providing food and drink for all in attendance...
The workshop starts at 9am prompt, coffee, juice and rolls will be
waiting for all.

Home base for those distant travelers is the Red Roof Inn, room rate
39.99, aarp
discount even less. Miamisburg exit off
I-75, 1-800/ Red Roof or 937/866-0705
Gary's Shop 937/299-1378, exit 47 from the south onto Dixie Street,
continue eastbound about a mile to Hoyle Street(stoplight), turn left
about 100' on right....

So, are we ready for some Corvair Racing
this year, come to the Workshop, we can
point you in the right direction......

Dan Giannotti
Corsa Competition Committee Member

This list is for racing/modifying our Corvairs,and to buy/sell parts.
Post message: fastvair@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! Groups Links