<VV> Diff. cover - two types

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:01:35 EST

In a message dated 2/10/04 4:16:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ronycorvair@optonline.net writes:
Transaxles have a capped vent on the top cover.
Normally located on the front left side.
My 1965 P.G. Diff. has the vent located on the opposite side (right rear).
Is this a production change or a worker mishap ?

Ron Yaskovic

As I recall, Posi units had a different spray pattern off the differential
carrier and used a different cover so the vent would be in a better place. This
may be a posi cover - Sorry I cannot be more specific, I have a stack in my
garage and both kinds are represented. - Seth