<VV> Special Oil Filter Bolt for Sender

Jim Simpson simpsonj@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:18:12 -0500

I've used crushable aluminum washer gaskets in place of the standard fiber
gasket at the base of the bolt.  They are conductive, but it's been a bit
hit or miss as to getting a good seal.  (I've been using the aluminum
gaskets from Acura/Honda oil pan drain bolts -- they're the softest I can
find.)

Lately I've just taken to wrapping a piece of copper wire in the gap
between the bolt and oil filter adapter -- it's snug against the fiber
washer and pretty well hidden in there.  Seems to work fine.

Jim Simpson, Group Corvair, '66 Corsa turbo