<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #29 - 12 msgs

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:09:55 -0500

> From: "Dustin Myers" <dustin_myers@hotmail.com>
> To: fastvair@yahoogroups.com, corvairclub@yahoogroups.com,
>    virtualvairs@corvair.org
> Subject: <VV> Help with Hardtop Convertable
------------snip-------------
 I REALLY like my convertable, but i also REALLY love how the early
corvair coupes look. I want the 64
> convertable to be a nice looking show car, but i wanted to know if it
is at ALL
> possible to put a hardtop on it. I have the 64 coupe that i can cut the
top off of, but i dont want to unless im sure that it can be done.
Smitty says:  With total dedication, unlimited skill and matching funds
anything can be done.  First look at the dimension difference between the
engine lid leading edge and the bottom edge of the rear window on the two
cars.  Then consider that the "lift off" hardtop must have some kind of
seal and structure along the lower edge of the rear window.  What will
you do about side window seal against the top.  Converts have no "B"
post, coupes do.  How about the top header at the front.  If that doesn't
faze you, then have at it.