<VV> Re: Identifying 63 0r 64

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:19:10 -0500

> From: MarPack57@aol.com
> Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:32:03 EST
> To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
> Subject: <VV> engine lid
>
> OK I'm asking the experts. I recently purchased a 63 Monza coupe
> with factory AC. Wouldn't a factory AC car have the 95 horse engine,
thus no crossed
> flags? >     Ed Bittman, St. Petersburg, Florida
Smitty says:  (Big snips in the above)  Question that would come to my
mind first is, is it a 63 or 64.  The "hidden" body number is just above
the front crossmember on the frame rail outer skin (behind the spring
tower).  It should match the door jamb number. (VIN).  A factory AC car
wouldn't necessarly have a 95 hp engine.  The crossed flags only indicate
that the car had the Hi Performance engine option.  If it were a 63  84
hpor 64 95 hp they would both be low perf and thus no crossed flags.