<VV> Please Estimate/Report Recent Price (humor and a hint of sarcasm)

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:46:37 EST

I guess I must be really out of it.  I just purchased a very fresh 110 and
was happy to pay $1250 for it.  1500miles, NOS piston/barrels, NOS GM
cam,lifters, & valve train, rebuilt heads, nitrided std. crank, Offy covers and pan, HP
oil pump, full LM shrouding, NOS blower/Idler bearings, 12 plate oil cooler.
I guess I got really ripped off!  To think I could have had a WHOLE Corvair
for half that much or less!  Vendors charge $2500 or more for the typical proper
rebuild these days.  I wonder; how can those folks sleep at night when a
person can buy a WHOLE car for $50?  Jeez-Louise!
Craig ("larnin mor and mor each an ev'ry daye") Nicol