<VV> Turbo Carb leaking very bad!

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:13:40 -0500

	Floats are identical.  You will know as soon as you take it out
if the float is bad.  Could also be a needle and seat that aren't
working for whatever reason and you still get fuel flow.  Lowering the
pressure below 2 pounds might reduce the flow to a point where the
engine is consuming it all.  You certainly have the classic flooding
symptoms.  I feel kinda bad it wasn't the regulator as it was out of my
brain, but it worked in my case.  Others have sworn that the regulator
is not needed.

Good Luck

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa cvt.
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Cassera [mailto:corsa@defiancestudios.com]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 3:43 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Turbo Carb leaking very bad!

I put the regulator in but still no luck.  If I set it to anything over
2 pounds the carb leaks at 2000+ rpm.  Even at 2 pounds, the carburator
leaks at idle and eventually floods out.

Ted mentioned a damaged float was the cause of his problems.  The car
ran fine on three occasions before it just stopped working in my garage.
It sounds like I may have a similar problem.  Are the floats identical
between EM and LM carbs?  I have an early model carb that this rebuilt
one replaced that was working pretty good.  Could I take the float out
of that one and put it in the one in the car?

Any other ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael