Re <VV> Broken starter nose

AKG hdflstf@earthlink.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:15:50 -0500

I can't help myself on this one....

I've managed to break one starter nose in the last 30 years, actually a
friend did it for me when he borrowed the car to impress his GF on evening.
Once he broke the crankshaft the starter nose was all but a sure thing.
Since then the car was 'Stitched' together until it dropped a valve seat at
Carlisle.

The Artful Dodger

I know everyone on this list has more knowledge of corvairs then I do. But I
have had 3 starter nose break on three different corvairs  after replacing
nose drove 2 of corvairs about 2,000 mi. and sold them the other corvair I
am
still driving with about 10,000 mi since break. i do not believe any thing
wrong
with motor just one of those WEIRED corvair things. I have met two corvair
mechanics of the 60s and both said broken starter noses was one of big
problems.
Both said they kept extra nose in stock all the time. Vendors sell nose
piece
I keep an extra in stock.
Corvair driver
Garland