<VV> Re: [FC] A Better Oil Container?

Jeffrey Wells jfwells@ptd.net
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:20:44 -0500

* Greenbrier Goon * wrote:
> Hey everybody:
>
> It seems that everyone in my town sells the exact same oil container
> for automotive oil changes.  It's a round, black 12 quart container
> with a very poor quality plastic cap.  The cap keeps breaking and
> nobody sells a replacement.
>
> I was fed-up at searching for a replacement cap so I threw out my old
> container and bought a new one a while back. Now the cap is broken on
> it.
>
> Does anyone sell a really top quality oil container?  Something really
> sturdy with a stong cap.  Maybe a metal cap.
>
> There has to be something better than this out there.  Most
> businesses in my town tend to sell poor quality products because
> there doesn't seem to be a demand for good products...or people
> willing to pay for good products.
>
> Maybe somebody knows where a replacement cap can be found by mail
> order.
>
> Charles

Where we live the township runs the recycling center.  Nobody uses those
containers.  People use old bleach bottles, antifreeze bottles, oil bottles,
etc. and the center accepts those.  Drop them off in the designated area and
the employees dump the oil and dispose of the bottles.  A possibility where
you live?
Beats the old days when we used the old oil to keep down the dust on the
dirt roads.

Jeff Wells
Blue Mountain/Lehigh Valley Corvair Clubs; CORSA, too
jfwells@ptd.net

'65 Monza
'64 Corvan "Hippie Power"
and other stuff