<VV> used engine oil

Harry Yarnell Harry Yarnell" <hyarnell1@earthlink.net
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:02:25 -0500

This thread on used engine oil has me intrigued. I heat my house with oil. I
would love to find a use for used engine oil, and adding it to the house oil
tank is tempting. Home heating oil is basically diesel fuel (oil); a lot
lighter than engine oil. But would adding a gallon of used engine oil to,
say, a half empty tank (137 gal.) of heating oil going to harm/clog
anything?
How do these 'waste oil' furnaces work? I can't believe that you can ignite
100% engine oil in a furnace; do they blend in heating oil to work?

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD
hyarnell1@earthlink.net