<VV> used engine oil

Mark J. Murphy Mark J. Murphy" <m.j.murphy@comcast.net
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:16:25 -0500

A shop I worked in a short while back used these heaters, and I became very
familiar with their operation.  Too familiar actually. :)  The one he had
used a compressed air line regulated to I believe 5 PSIG to pressurize the
fuel for better atomization.  It was very functional, but not very efficient
(although the fuel was "free") and it burned dirty as hell.  It usually
required cleaning before the season and again about half way through.  We
set up twin 275 gallon tanks, dumped into the first to let the garbage
settle out then transferred to the second as the feed for the furnace.
Although maintenance intensive, it was very cheap heat.
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net/