<VV> Re: PG Pump Drive Pins

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:56:00 EST

In a message dated 2/17/04 9:59:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vairologist@juno.com writes:
Smitty says:  I went through that problem a few years ago.  Finally found
some good drive pins only to find the holes were worn which made the new
pins sloppy.  With some careful fancy work with an electric drill, a
file, and a micrometer I made a new pair for a tighter fit.  I used nail
heads.  I know, I know, I don't know that they were the right alloy or
that they were tempered right.  Tell that to the pump they are still
running in.

Speaking of the "tempered".  .  .  .  .
No need to tell the pump - Just type up a note and leave it in the glove
compartment for the next mechanic. - It'll probably be 40 more years down the road
when they need replacement again! <grin> -Seth