<VV> Dual Circuit Master Cylinder Disaster

* Greenbrier Goon * greenbriergoon@hotmail.com
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 05:44:51 +0000

...well, maybe not a DISASTER.

I bought one of those dual circuit master cylinder kits for my 1963
Greenbrier.  I knew I was going to have to take some 41 year old fittings
apart so I sprayed them with WD40 every day for the last 2 weeks.

Tonight I tried taking them apart at the junction in front of the gas tank.
What a disaster!  They would not budge.  Even my new (expensive) flare nut
wrench rounded off the corners.  Finally I resorted to using big vise grips.
  It looked like the line that goes to the back of the van was coming loose.
  It was, but the metal line twisted and broke.

I guess it's a good thing I was going to remove the gas tank anyway.  It has
to be out to replace that line.  Hopefully I can find something locally.  I
need my van to drive to work Monday.

Anyway, the Clarks master cylinder kit looks to be very well made.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed