<VV> Re:Relay Rod Bushings

Dave Gauler davgau@aiagrp.net
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:56:25 -0600

---------------snip-------------
Smitty says:  Unfortunately that is one of the problems with the nylon
pitman arm bushings.  No provision is made to keep moisture out.  A
little moisture gets in there and just a little rust is enough to start a
bind.  You can check this by pulling the taper fitting out of the pitman
arm and then pressing the bolt out of the bushing.  Every one I have
installed since my first has been modified so it can be lubricated with a
grease gun just to keep the moisture out.

Could you explain what modification you did to allow for relube? Thanks!

Dave