<VV> Fuel Tank Sender Mix-Up

* Greenbrier Goon * greenbriergoon@hotmail.com
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:50:30 +0000

This weekend is not going well.

In addition to installing a dual circuit master cylinder kit in my FC, I am
also swapping from a non-hole gas tank to a hole gas tank for my future 4
speed conversion (from Powerglide).

Anyway, I ordered a "hole" style fuel tank sender from a well-known vendor
and I just discovered that I received THE WRONG ONE.

As it turns out, the sender I removed from my "non-hole" tank IS the right
one to fit in a "hole" tank.

Comparing my sender to the unusable one I removed from the scrap 4 speed FC,
I discovered that somebody at some time has cut off about 3 inches from the
pick-up tube.  I don't know why somebody would do something like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can extend this tube back the
correct length?

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!