<VV> I must have upset the Corvair Gods

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:59:13 -0500

I have experienced knock as a consequence of the sudden leaning-out of a
carburetor as a consequence of foreign material somewhere inside the
carburetor (typically downstream of the filter). Look for a clog somewhere
around the jet.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of James Dallas
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 8:07 PM
To: virtualvairs
Subject: <VV> I must have upset the Corvair Gods

Last week I went out and started up my 63 Monza Convertible.  I hadn't
started
it since early last fall.  Made a heck of a racket.....Bad Blower bearing.
Not a problem for  I keep extra housings and gaskets around for most Items.
took and backed her into the garage and up on ramps then went to work.  Well
today I finally got her all back together and fired her up.  Started right
up......Blower bearing nice and quiet, but now she has developed a knock.  I
thought maybe I put something together wrong so I tore her all back apart to
take a look, but I didn't see anything out of place.  Any Ideas?

Jim Dallas
A pair of 63 Convertibles