<VV> Progress(forwards and backwards)

Keith Hammett khammett@stainlessfab.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:30:30 -0600

This weekend was very productive for me (both negative and positive).  I was
able to get the front crossmember, with all new bushings, brake lines &
hoses, wheel cylinders and paint reinstalled under the rampy.  It sure looks
different with wheels under the front, I think I herd the rampy sigh after
many months of having to hold itself up on just two wheels :-)

The fc dipstick tube was glued in place to the previously prepped car block
(Thanks Tim for all your help on doing this mod).  I will now be able to
button up the lower end of the motor and replace sheet metal as I get it
painted.  Then it is time to put it into the rampy!

During one of my breaks I picked up Lon's wish book of Corvair Parts and was
flipping through it.  I discovered that it does matter which head goes on
the right and left side, the vacuum port tube is the only clue!  I did not
want to look but had to.  Sure enough, thanks to Lon, I put them on the
wrong sides!  Not a big problem just have to remove them and reinstall in
the correct location.  (Sorry Lon but I have to blame it on somebody ggg).
What is the easiest way to get them out?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Keith Hammett

P.S.  Good thing this isn't an Ultra Monza, I might be beating Hank on the
length of time to get running <GGG>  How about an Ultra FC (UFC)?