<VV> Powdercoating problem related to age

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:18:30 -0500

How has your spare wheel gotten a lot of sun without ever having been on the
ground? You have a transparent engine-compartment lid?

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of scmills
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 3:46 PM
To: virtualvairs
Subject: <VV> Powdercoating problem related to age

Got a wierd situation. My spare tire wheel (which has never been on the
ground) was sandblasted and powdercoated white several years ago (3?).

I notice yesterday that the powder paint has cracked all over. Looks like
cracked glass... It has gotten alot of sun but no more than the other 4
wheels.

Anyone got any explainations? I glanced at the other wheels which were done
at
the same time and they still look great.