<VV> Starter woes

FrankCB@aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:40:25 EST

Matt,
       How about measuring the current (amps) drain on the battery when the
starter is activated?  You can use one of those cheap meters that clamps on (or
simply snaps on) the cable from the battery.  And, at the same time, put a
voltmeter on the battery posts (not the cable ends) to see how much the battery
supply voltage drops when you energize the starter.  I would expect to see
about 150 amps flowing and the battery voltage to drop to not less than 10 volts.
       Let us know what you find.
       Frank "measure before disassembly" Burkhard