<VV> Rough Running at WOT FIXED!

larry@forman.net larry@forman.net
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:43:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Dave,
I remember looking into the engine bay of my parent's 63 Monza convertible on a moonless night in the mid-60's and I could see the original
plug wires GLOW!  The problems with that old technology were not only the higher resistance as the carbon and string broke down, but the
insulation also was not that good and started cracking with the higher heat around the engine top shroud.  Once you got higher resistance,
then it would like to arc to the positioning clips on the top cover shroud and ground out there.  So you had both failure mechanisms working
against you.
-- Larry

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:08:03 -0600, Dave Keillor wrote:
> If you want to determine whether it was plug wires, measure their
> resistance.  My guess is that it's very high on all or some.  As I said in
> my earlier posts, plug wires solved the exact problem on my car.  The
> original ones were basically carbon-embedded string.
> Dave Keillor

Larry Forman