<VV> bad car smell-not a Corvair

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:19:31 EST

In a message dated 2/26/04 11:05:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
blaskovich@jps.net writes:
It is pretty clear that mice and/or rats had gotten into the car, but no
damage was done, and very little evidence of them even being inside the car
was visible.  I guess it pretty much smells like "rat pee"???  I thought that
when the carpets were replaced the smell would go away.  Not.  I guess this is
similar to when a car is smoked in.  The odor gets into all fabrics,
headliner, etc.

Any ideas on how to remove this odor?

I have done this in the past and found a product that works so well I'm
amazed by it.
It's called Natures Miracle. This stuff amost sounds like Black Magic.

You don't have to remove the carpets but it s good idea to remove them and
replace the padding. But the amazing thing is you don't have to.

In you case it sounds like you have replaced the carpets but that may not be
the only thing
the little buggers peed on. Also the odor can permeate other parts of the
interior. Also you may need to soak the floor under the carpets.

You will need to get a black light to see where the rat pee is. soak the heck
out of the area with Natures Miracle and let it thoroughly dry. If you leave
padding and all IN the car soaking
is a chore and drying can take a LONG time. Once it drys the odor will be
gone. If it isn't
gone it isn't that that the product failed to work. You missed or did not
thoroughly soak it.

It will even remove skunk odor from anything. Just amazing stuff. Even worked
on our dog.

It's made by Pets 'n People, Rolling Hills Estates, CA. (310) 544-7125.

Good luck and let us all know how you make out.

Tim Abney

Proud Member of
International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 501
Life Member McHenry County Illinois VietNow
Member American Legion Post #777 - San Bernardino, CA
Member Society of the First Infantry Division (Big Red One)
KLIK - Lai Khe, RVN - 1967-68
Corsa Member
I.E.C.C. President
1965 Corvair Monza Coupe - Valley Vairs Cover Car January 2003 - 2nd Edition
1964 Corvair Monza 4 Door - Back burner project
1961 Corvair Lakewood Wagon - Starting restoration
1962 Corvair 700 4 Door - Very Solid - For Sale Cheap

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of iuoe%20logo.jpg]